A Successful Record In Criminal Defense
Thomas Deremigio has defended adults and juveniles throughout Silicon Valley and the South Bay in tough, complex cases for more than 30 years. He achieves successful outcomes for his clients in cases ranging from misdemeanors to homicides. His practice focuses on the courthouses in Redwood City, Palo Alto, San Jose and the counties of Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco and Alameda.
Mr. Deremigio is experienced in handling crimes of violence, domestic violence, drug/alcohol matters, theft and sex-related charges. His knowledge of mental health issues and mitigation can work to your advantage in trial and in settling your case.
Thomas Deremigio is always prepared to take a case to trial. His clients have been acquitted in drug sales, manufacturing and possession cases. He has successfully defended clients against domestic violence and other violent crime charges. With his knowledge of the law, he regularly wins motions to stop the use of illegally seized evidence in DUI cases and other cases.
Mr. Deremigio offers his clients a holistic approach, working with them on expunging criminal charges and helping them with driving-related administrative issues at the Department of Motor Vehicles, including license suspensions related to health or age.
Proven Results In Criminal Jury Trials
Thomas Deremigio has a substantial background in jury trials, having successfully tried all types of cases from minor misdemeanors through homicides, including:
- A “three-striker” charged with attempted murder of a police officer was found not guilty.
- A mentally ill client was found not guilty on a charge carrying a life sentence and found not guilty by reason of insanity on remaining charges.
- He persuaded a jury that 19 stab wounds constituted attempted manslaughter, not attempted murder, stopping a mandatory life sentence.
- After a hung jury, attempted murder was resolved as a misdemeanor.
- Teacher was found not guilty of sexual assault of two junior high students and returned to teaching.
- Client facing life in prison as third strike was found not guilty of a narcotics offense.
- A trial on drug manufacturing charges resulted in a simple drug possession conviction.
- A teacher was found not guilty on felony sexual abuse charges.
- A client who caused brain damage to the alleged victim was found not guilty of assault.
- A teacher was found not guilty of sexual abuse of a high school special-needs student, and in a second case after a hung jury, a charge of soliciting a police officer in a restroom was dismissed.
- Client with a significant criminal record was found not guilty of perjury.
Contact An Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
Attorney Thomas Deremigio has been successfully representing criminal defendants in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 30 years. Defending both adults and juveniles, Mr. Deremigio has the experience and knowledge to help you make informed decisions and to form a legal strategy tailored to your needs.